Water is an essential part of our lives. We use it daily for cooking, drinking, wahsing, cleanning and in industry. Water is life, so to protect our water resources and because water is not free, it is important to reduce the wastage of water.
So let's chase the leaks, control our consumption and learn to save money.
Do not leave Taps running
- while washing dirty dishes or washing your clothes, vegetables
- always turn taps off properly after use
- save water by using a cup or containers instead.
- use washing machines/dish washers only when fully loaded
- select economy setting
- A tap or flush that drips, a leaking pipeline can be very expensive!
Do read your water meter regularly
To avoid excessive invoices due to water leaks, regularly monitor your facilities.
- Turn off all taps in your house and yard.
- Take a reading on your meter (1st reading)
- Wait for 15 to 30 minutes
- Take a second reading on your meter
If there a change in the reading, you may have a leak. :
- Seek the services of a professional plumber.
- If you are not sure about your calculations, contact our office on 26 000. We will assist you in checking your consumption.
You are charged on a quarterly basis and even a small leak can cost you a lot after three months.